Thursday, November 25, 2010

Joshua Rules







Joshua Mateo
November 23rd, 2010
12:43 PM
8lbs 15oz

It's total deja vu as we walk the halls of the Four Seasons of hospitals to Room 108. Only 14 months ago we welcomed Emma and now so soon after our first boy, the first boy in our family in decades! I was completely overcome as I looked down into the hospital issued bassinet. As I slipped into my requisite duties as family photographer tears fell from my eyes. I'm not sure why? I suppose for my own reasons. Maybe it was because we would have to spend Thanksgiving in a hospital room drinking red wine from a plastic cups?! (Just kidding Karina.)

So here we are our little family laughing, regaling stories just as we would if we were sitting round our large mahogany table. Things are exactly the same but unlike any other Thanksgiving before because this year we get Joshy; our most special reason to be thankful.

Besides we'll have a real party tomorrow night when he comes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment